Friday, May 6, 2011

Week 5: Movies

Lights, Camera, Action!! Movies have always been a great interest of mine. There are several movies I can pick out that I’ve considered my favorite. A recent movie that I would highly recommend to my fellow peers is Shutter Island, which came out in 2010. This movie took place in 1954, it was about a U.S. Marshal named Teddy Daniels who had an assignment on doing an investigation. This investigation consisted of a disappearance of a patient at Boston’s Shutter Island Hospital. His trip there becomes extremely complicated and confusing because things aren’t the way they seem. He becomes crazy and realizes that nothing is real; he also comes to realization about what he did with his wife and children. Which turns into a big twist at the end of the movie.
The reason why I liked this movie so much is because it kept me on the tip of my toes. I wanted to know if there were connections to the people living there, why he kept having images of his wife and children, was there a connection towards the island, was he really crazy? Was it all a set up or was U.S. Marshal Teddy Daniel really a patient there? It wasn’t until the second time I saw it that I finally got everything.
I first saw this movie when it came out in February of 2010 at the AMC Mercado Movie Theater or as other may call it the “silver screen”.  It made the movie a lot better with the surround sounds, dark room, and yummy popcorn.  If you are interested come take a look at the movie trailer below.

1 comment:

  1. I saw the trailer back when it came out and it scared me to death. Eventually, maybe I'll get the guts to see it!

    ReplyDelete